SOLVED Flash player is blocked

Reaction score
Where is flash player located in Windows 10? Directions online: Go to the three dots at top right, click on Settings, then advanced settings. (I found settings, but clicking doesn't open advanced settings. I did a test and it says it's turned off....
Is it in Control panel and if so where? I don't know how it got turned off. Can you help me?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume we are talking about Microsoft Edge, so.....
Clicking Settings the first time should produce this

Capture.PNG

Which should produce this

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Thank you! Got that now....and all is as you show it should be. (I appreciate you! I'm 75 and learning)
I use Bing for 99% of searches, but use Google for this one genealogy newspaper site because it does a better job. Tried that again after checking that I was up to speed with your diagram. It still says Flash is blocked on this site. I've used it for years...so this is a new message just today. (Old Fulton NY Post cards)

I clicked on their little "blocked" icon and tried "allow"...still blocked.

I see now that Flash is built in to windows 10...so I don't need to find it in control panel but am still frustrated.

Reaction score
I just tried the link you suggested and it says flash blocked on this site. (Sorry, should have tried that before I responded with the fulton site.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the start button
Scroll down to Windows Accessories and click on Internet Explorer.
Use that to test your URLs to see if you have the same problem.
IF so then you're going to have to look to your firewall or other security software that might be producing the problem

Reaction score
Although Flash is deprecated and sooner or later all the Flashheavy sites will move to HTML5 or some other replacement

Reaction score
Click the start button
IF so then you're going to have to look to your firewall or other security software that might be producing the problem
Click the start button
Click the start button
Thank you! I'm going to have someone look at my firewall...I appreciate your help! And I appreciate and value your
quote re: our wonderful military...my brothers were marines....and we are grateful every day for our faithful, selfless military! God bless you!

Ask a Question