"This application has been blocked for your protection"

Reaction score
I have been using uTorrent.com for a long time under Windows 10 without any problems.
But when I tried to start uTorrent yesterday, I got am error message from Windows, stating that the application was blocked by an "Administrator" for my own protection.
I downloaded the Windows 10 store version of uTorrent, but it was nowhere near to the original application.

As I was fed up with the "Administrator" who had bocked me, I booted my computer with an Ubuntu stick and ran the original uTorrent.

But I would like to be able to run this application under Windows 10.
Is that possible?

TIA

PS.: If this post is in the wrong group, please move this post.

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_090856.jpg
    IMG_20180405_090856.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 518
Reaction score
Hi Gylenthal,

I will try and get my hands on the laptop I mentioned earlier and see if I can work it out, it may take some time though!. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gylenthal,

I solved the problem by doing a complete fresh install on the aforementioned laptop, I downloaded a fresh ISO to a USB stick and completely wiped everything AFTER BACKING UP ALL THE DATA ON THE DRIVE!, I can really only recommend you do the same.:)

Ask a Question