Change scroll speed only in explorer and no other application

Reaction score
How can I change the scroll speed only in Windows Explorer (and preferable only if the current folder is in image-view)? The default (3 lines) is way too fast when scrolling in images, 1 or even slower (real smooth scrolling) would be better. But those changes also affect every other programs, like Chrome, in which 1 is way to slow.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible by default, unfortunately (I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of a way to do this without additional software).

If you've got a Logitech mouse, you may be able to use their software to configure your application-specific settings. I've not tried this myself, but it looks possible:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/a...h-Options-software?product=a0qi0000006BdAUAA0

You'd need to specify "explorer.exe" as the application you wish to modify the scroll speed for. There is a chance that this may not work with explorer.exe, as this does more than provide the file manager application - it is also related to the general Windows GUI.

If that is the case, you could do this the other way around. Slow down all scroll speeds, then boost it for other applications like Chrome/Word.

Ask a Question