Blue Screens continuously

Reaction score
Hi i am new to forums on here. I have been struggling to diagnose all the blue screens that i have been having. They first started happening a few days ago. There was a windows update last week and that might have had something to do with it. I have got a bsod for NTFS file system errors. Windows is installed on my SSD. So i ran a dskchk and came back with no errors. Also, i thought it could be my ram so i ran a memtest as well. again no issues. I tried to use startup repair and that fails to work. I ran the command "sfc /scannow" in cmd and no luck with that either. I just got another BSOD for "service exception" today. I've gotten probably 3 other blue screens but cant remember the other codes they threw. I regularly clean my registry with wise registry cleaner and ccleaner. All my drivers seem up to date in the device manager. I am thinking that a recent windows update corrupted some data somehow. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as i am about to just reinstall windows if the issue cannot be fixed.

Reaction score
wise registry cleaner and ccleaner.

that may be the problem. Everything registry related can be a double sided sword, it may work out but it also can haunt you.
regarding your blue screens: it would be wise to make a screenshot and post it here so that we can get a better view of what is actually happening.

Reaction score
that may be the problem. Everything registry related can be a double sided sword, it may work out but it also can haunt you.
regarding your blue screens: it would be wise to make a screenshot and post it here so that we can get a better view of what is actually happening.

I have been using registry cleaners for years and i have never had any issues with them on this rig. It all started happening after the 6/14 update. I dont know if that is directly the issue but could be. What would you like me to screenshot?

Reaction score
whenever you have a BSoD, take your camera and take a picture (make sure you get the whole screen). You can upload the picture here so we all can take a look at it ("a picture is worth more than a thousand words" still applies). that makes helping you much easier for all of us and many times we can even find a solution.

Reaction score
Okay i will be sure to take a picture next time. I would've thought you can tell from the event viewer. Right now im running a dism cleanup but i was getting a error code 87 when running that. So i am now running "
dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" so that i can then run dism in safe mode.

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling the last update and see if your system still blue screens?

Reaction score
Today i had my computer on for about 8 hours. Opened up playerunknownbattlegrounds and played for an hour and then bluescreened while at the start screen not even while gaming.
bluescreen_50.jpg

Reaction score
I got another blue screen today after not having one for a few days. This one today was Bad_pool_caller for the stop code.

Reaction score
I'm thinking something is corrupt due to using a registry cleaner, or you may have a hardware issue.

Reaction score
Honestly, I would back up your data, and to a clean install of Windows. I know that's drastic, but that could rule out a software issue. If it still blue screens, you'll need to start troubleshooting hardware.

Reaction score
I reinstalled windows last week and I am still encountering blue screens. And I ran memtest all night long with no issues. It has to be hardware. But not sure what. I'll probably end up pulling my graphics card first and using on board and see if the blue screens go away. I also rolled back the video drivers to February and that has helped but still encountering blue screens.

Reaction score
Laptop or desktop? If desktop how old is the power supply? A failing PSU or one that is not powerful enough can cause BSOD's. If you already reinstalled Windows then you do have hardware that's failing. Are you mixing memory brands? Even mixing different kits of the same brand memory can cause issues. You said you ran Memtest but the memory can still test good in Memtest and still give you BSOD's if you are mixing it. This is reported over and over in the Corsair forums where people have mixed different kits. Are you overclocking anything?

Edit: I see above where you said you will pull graphics card and try onboard. Assuming it's a desktop now. What I wrote above still stands.

Reaction score
Custom Built Desktop. I built the whole rig in November of 2015. The power supply is more than enough power for the rig. I dont have a spare power supply but i can try getting one and then returning it. All of the ram is the same. All corsair Vengence pro. Nothing is overclocked. I havent tried pulling the card as of now. I had to fly out to vegas for work i dont get home till later this month. But ill try those when i return and update you. Thanks for the help. Its been pretty frustrating while im trying to get work on the desktop. Luckily i have a 17 inch msi laptop thats brand new with a full sized gtx1060 and i7.

Ask a Question