Bluetooth issue!!

Reaction score
Hi all,my first post so be gentle,
I was always having audio issues everytime my laptop updated to the latest version of windows 10.

There was a squelsh and buzz from my laptop speakers which was very annoying,i always reverted to the earlier version and even though it was a pain all was good in the end.
Not really sure what i did but instead of reverting i pressed the fresh install but kept all my files and some of my programmes.

Once i reinstalled my missing programmes i settled down to listen to my favourite music on my Bluetooth headphones...not.
Long story short i have no bluetooth icon anywhere,i have searched loads of sites and am amazed that what i thought was a simple mistake by me would be rectified by some techie advice in seconds.....again not.

It seems this has happened to lots and lots of people and they're really struggling to connect blutooth to any of their peripherals.
I bought a new dongle 5.0 and all info said it would be recognised instantly by W10.
It sounds like it connects and appears in device manager,it says it has the latest drivers etc and is working properly but still no icon or ability to connect with bluetooth.

I have reverted to a wired headset connection but surely this is a solvable issue.
Thanks to anyone reading this and offering a solution.

Reaction score
There is no method of turning on,the slider that should be there isnt even there.

Reaction score
On the searches i've done some show a slider option so i thought you meant that sorry.No there's no option to turn on bluetooth anywhere .Before the reset i mentioned in my opening post i didn't have to do anything it just connected.It's very confusing

Reaction score
Check to see I f your Bluetooth is disabled, if it is then do the following to enable it.
Uninstall the device from device manager and restart bluetooth service.
Start > services.msc
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.

Ask a Question