Echo not showing up as Bluetooth device.

Reaction score
I had my Echo device working well as a Bluetooth speaker running from my Win10 computer. But then I had a serious virus problem and had to do a clean install. After which, I could not get the echo Bluetooth connection back. When I go to System > Add Bluetooth and other devices > Add a device, it searches and searches but does not find Echo. If I ask Echo/Alexa to enable bluetooth, it searches and searches and tells me it cannot find a connection. Frustrating because I had no problem getting it hooked up the first time. Any ideas? (The Echo device connects to my WiFi just fine, as does my computer)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Charles,

are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :cool:

Reaction score
I'm running version 1903 which I see is not the latest. I will check out the link you sent and let you know. Tanks.

Reaction score
Hi Charles,

are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :cool:

Before I do this, let me ask. Is this disruptive? Does it take a long time? Will I lose settings, programs or whatever? If so, it's just not worth it. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Nope, it does take some time though, you won't lose any apps or docs but back them up anyway for safety's sake. :)

Reaction score
Does Echo use Bluetooth 4 or the newer 5 and which does your computer have? I use Bluetooth mice and they are all 4.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Nope, it does take some time though, you won't lose any apps or docs but back them up anyway for safety's sake. :)
Wolfie: I went to the link that you suggested in for upgrade - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.

The link does not work and I get
An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.364f7268.1601917237.232ec83a

The other suggestion for upgrade looks a little daunting and I am not ready to take that plunge.

Any other ideas would be welcome of course.

Reaction score
The link works for me to get the Media Creation Tool, run it and get choices of what to download. I've never done the Update now choice, never know when I'll need the software if Internet is not available.
1601923053399.png

Reaction score
Hi Charles,

try it again, it works for me no problem!. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Before we go suggesting that upgrading from 1903 to 2004 will solve all of his bluetooth problems maybe we should see if his echo is in pairing mode?

I have 1903 and a USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter that works with all my bluetooth devices, even my phone. Upgrading from 1903 may cause more problems than it solves (don't believe me, just do a search in this forum).

Ask a Question