Blutooth connections hassle

Reaction score
Why is Bluetooth still so useless after all these years?
It's great when it works, but it often doesn't.

Usual problem is the connection, often after you pair it, next time using it, it doesn't work and the pairing process has to be done all over again, which is a time consuming pain in the neck.

Seems to vary a lot, sometimes it works ok, other times you have to pair the device again.
After all these years you would think they would have solved that by now, but apparently not.

But the biggest pain are some of the older devices, where you actually have to put a code in before it connects. Extremely bloody irritating.
Especially the damn thing I tried to use recently, it's an older portable Blutooth keyboard.
Well, I quite like it as it's small and foldable and can be carted around easily, but I just can't connect the damn thing, when I tried it with my new laptop.

The problem with the code is, it's about 8 letters long and such a stupid design, the code window disappears after about 3-4 seconds, which really isn't long enough by the time you look at the code and try to enter it 3 seconds just isn't long enough, it's bloody impossible.
Most stupid design I've ever seen.

Anyone know a way to get around that stupid code thing?

Reaction score
Bluetooth is a type of wireless networking albeit it short range, about 30 feet, maybe a bit more, and like Wireless/Wi-Fi has need of some security. The pairing occurs after devices are recognized and the code is used to verify the connection. A lot has to do with the type of devices being used, I have a few Notebooks with Win10 and Linux Mint that use Bluetooth mice. Apple's Mac machines use both Bluetooth keyboards and mice very effectively. The pairing issues I heard most about have been with cellphones and transferring of data to computers. Sometimes the driver version for a computer makes a difference in what devices can connect.

Reaction score
Yeah looking at various forums, does seem Bluetooth isn't the most popular. Many people have the same issue with connections guess one just will have to live with it.
With the code yeah I know it's security but that older keyboard is the only one that uses code, with newer devices they don't seem to bother with codes.
Anyway fact is, its impossible to put the code in that thing unless you are like Superman or something, 3 seconds for 8 digit code just isn't feasible.
Looks like dustbin job for Mr Keyboard.

Ask a Question