Boot sequence, Windows Boot Manager.

Reaction score
After migrating my boot partition from my MBR drive to a 4TB GPT drive, still only one OS present Windows Boot Manager appears as boot option. Boots fine when it's the first option, no prompt for which OS. Cannot boot directly from the drive itself. When I make CD the first boot option and WBM the second then boot from CD works but when no CD/DVD present no boot at all.
I have been using CD boot so that I can backup everything with no disks in use. Now when I want to do this I have to alter the BIOS boot order first and then change it back after the backup completes.
Is it a rule that WBM must come first in the list which would mean that I have to live with things as they are?
Thanks for any help, Chris

Reaction score
Found the solution myself, eventually!
Hold down the 'shift' key whilst clicking on 'power' then 'restart'. The PC will reboot and show a blue screen of options, you can now release the shift key. One of the options will let you choose a boot device so just select your CD/DVD drive.

Ask a Question