BSOD with random error codes

Reaction score
Hi there!

So i recently did a clean install of Windows 10, since i have had the BSOD very often. It usually occurs as I'm watching a YouTube clip and surfing the internet. The reason code varies from "Criticial_structural_corruption" to "Driver_SQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS)"

I have made sure to update all my drivers but still find this issue. I have decided to omit installing things like ATIs control centre, et al in hopes these programs were causing the issue but no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Mate,

NetIO.sys is the Windows system network dll.

Can you please post the crash dump file?

Instructions can be found on the Windows 7 sister board HERE.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro thanks so much for your reply (sorry i've been away with work and just got back to this)

here is my dump file as requested. Thanks.

Attachments

• Dump files.zip
    646 KB · Views: 434

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm certainly not the resident BSOD expert, but.....
A cursory look would suggest an overclock issue
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = RAMPAGE IV FORMULA
BaseBoardVersion = Rev 1.xx
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3600
CurrentSpeed: 4375
Not completely sure if that is intentional or the product of a native turboboost utility but maybe, if possible back it off to system defaults and see if things stabilize

Reaction score
hmm would that be the reason for crashing? I thought BSOD was a result of software problems. But i guess it couldnt hurt

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I thought BSOD was a result of software problems
Can be, and often are. But just as often if not more so, certain hardware configurations or settings can result in BSODs, firmware BIOS outdated (I see you are apparently running the latest), CPU or GPU overclocking, etc.
As I said, I'm no expert, just thought I would offer you a starting point to consider.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble, i backed off on the over clocking and the PC seems to have stabilised. Famous last words but i've not had a BSOD issue since i went back to defaults and fingers crossed it doesnt!

Thanks again!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Excellent!
Good to hear and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question