Random Hard Restarts without BSOD

Reaction score
Hello,

i get random restarts since i upgraded to win 10..

Hope someone can help me with this

Attachments

• MEATPC-19_12_2015_234958,31.zip
    502.5 KB · Views: 943

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
since i upgraded to win 10
Not much I can think of or recommend except to first confirm that all your drivers for your installed hardware devices are up to date (sometimes after the update drivers can be problematic and may required updating or re-installing) and that you have confirmed that all Windows Updates are likewise up to date by checking manually, then....
I would probably clean boot the system and run it like that for a day or two and see if the problem persisted even in a clean boot state.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (same for Windows 10).

Reaction score
Already checked updates win10 is up to date.. It is not an upgrade is an fresh install worded it wrong.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It is not an upgrade is an fresh install
That's fine, and.....
All the more reason to confirm that all your drivers are up to date. Windows does a fairly decent job of installing basic drivers but they are not always optimal, so....
Check with the computer manufacturer, motherboard manufacturer or specific hardware device manufacturer for drivers, paying particular attention to BIOS, Chipset, Storage Controllers, Video, Audio, Network, etc., etc.,
And then, if the problem persists.... clean boot.

Reaction score
If it still randomly reboots in safe mode or a clean boot state, the problem lies deeper than just software and drivers I'm thinking. I would proceed with doing some integrity checks though with system file checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

At that point I would try a different power supply too just for some additional confirmation. Usually random restarts are due to a faulty PSU or overheating from my experience.

Looking through some of the logs I see this:
Code:
Event[60]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Microsoft-Windows-DHCPv6-Client
  Date: 2015-11-30T20:18:40.444
  Event ID: 51047
  Task: Service State Event
  Level: Information
  Opcode: ServiceStop
  Keyword: N/A
  User: S-1-5-19
  User Name: NT-AUTORITÄT\Lokaler Dienst
  Computer: MeatPc
  Description:
DHCPv6 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1

Have you ran a scan on your PC recently for malware?

Trying to troubleshoot random restarts that don't leave behind any minidumps can be difficult at times. You really need to be aware of what you were doing just before the system randomly restarts and see if replicating that process causes it to crash, or if it just crashes truly at random. It's the process of elimination really in most cases.

Last edited:

Ask a Question