Build 10130 Released

Reaction score
Showed up in Windows Update. Installed on two machines and had a glitch with the auto hide taskbar function but it seems to have corrected itself. Had to reset defaults (MS put up Edge as the default browser).

Edit: Well this sucks. I have the taskbar set to auto hide and as soon as I open Settings it locks the taskbar in the open position. Reboot and it will go back into the auto hide mode. Open Settings and once again it locks it in the open mode. So far I haven't found anything else that will lock it other than the settings menu.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Benn watching mine install now for a while.
Evidently there is still some issues. They remark about problems with flyouts from the Taskbar but perhaps it involves enough of the taskbar as to encompass the problem that you have having.
Known issues in this build
  • Mail app may crash due to a memory error, and may not synch mail when in the background. We plan to service this issue with an update via Windows Update.
  • In some cases, flyouts from the Taskbar (including Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) fail to fly out. This is a transient issue, and after retrying a few times it will succeed. We are also working to service this issue with an update.
  • Wi-Fi connectivity may fail at times due to a known issue. A system reboot is required to recover from this state.
SOURCE: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ndows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs/

Reaction score
Well heck. Now I discovered that merely opening the start menu will cause the taskbar to lock in the open position. Also have a gremlin with sound. On my other computer using onboard sound all sounds and sound files play normally, however, on this computer with a Sound Blaster Z sound card I have no sound at all. Everything looks to be configured correctly but when I try to play the test sounds from the configure menu a popup says "failed to play test tone". Nothing is muted and volumes are set correctly. When I try to run the Windows troubleshooter for audio problems it will not run. I have a Creative diagnostics program loaded and it detects the card and no errors as far as the driver, etc., but locks up when it gets to the "play test tone" option. There are no exclamation boxes in device manager so I have no idea at all why there is no sound. There also is no sound in the Solitaire game.

Reaction score
Well heck. Now I discovered that merely opening the start menu will cause the taskbar to lock in the open position. Also have a gremlin with sound. On my other computer using onboard sound all sounds and sound files play normally, however, on this computer with a Sound Blaster Z sound card I have no sound at all. Everything looks to be configured correctly but when I try to play the test sounds from the configure menu a popup says "failed to play test tone". Nothing is muted and volumes are set correctly. When I try to run the Windows troubleshooter for audio problems it will not run. I have a Creative diagnostics program loaded and it detects the card and no errors as far as the driver, etc., but locks up when it gets to the "play test tone" option. There are no exclamation boxes in device manager so I have no idea at all why there is no sound. There also is no sound in the Solitaire game.

I found the answer to this and other sound problems on my Lenovo laptop. There is a bug in Windows 10 sound handling. Try setting the sound to 16 bit 44100 Khz was a thing that seemed to work for many people. I tried it and finally Cortana heard me and spoke to me!

Reaction score
Hello Tim. I found the sound fix but also had to switch from 5.1 speaker configuration to stereo. Changed the sample rate and I've got sound albeit not very good sound. Also discovered that if I use the notification icon in the sys tray and select settings from the fly out it does not affect the auto hide function of the taskbar.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Couple updates available now for Windows 10 build 10130 on Windows Updates.
KB3069065
and
KB3069068
Not exactly sure what they address but might be worth a try...... or not.

EDIT: KB3069065 is evidently for outlook mail.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3069065
Nothing on the second one yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got both installed but haven't figured out what they modified or fixed.

Ask a Question