SOLVED Preview Build 18329

Reaction score
Well, I see many upgrades and fixes in the link. It seems some of those fixes would be appropriate for 1809 for such things as Edge not being able to reach a local IP and the Black Screens which are being reported on public builds.

The recent apps popups from the search icon already seem to be partially available in 1809. The first time I saw that it surprised me.

The ability to use Win32 utilities in Windows Mixed Reality would be a help if you needed to accomplish some task while in the Mixed Reality environment. If the headsets were more comfortable you could almost use them all the time. I suppose the headsets that not as cumbersome as the one I have, would benefit greatly.

Someone was saying this build was a Skip Ahead Build but maybe a real one will come out soon. The other forum was also saying the Skip Ahead program was now closed to new arrivals.

Reaction score
Yet another bad update. Could not install one or more components. My guess is that after 18305, which installed and worked ok, it was no longer possible to install if Windows Store was not present! I removed this years ago and then was unable to reinstall it again. It is no wonder there have been no Slow updates in the last several months.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Someone was saying this build was a Skip Ahead Build
I would expect, true "Skip Ahead" builds will have something like a 19H2 designation rather than the 19H1.
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18329 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Interestingly, my Skip Ahead machine did not even receive this update for hours after my Fast Ring machine.
I thought something was wrong since the Fast and Skip Ahead usually remain in lock step until the fork in development occurs.
I kept trying and finally it detected it and install without incident.

Reaction score
Yet another bad update. Could not install one or more components. My guess is that after 18305, which installed and worked ok, it was no longer possible to install if Windows Store was not present! I removed this years ago and then was unable to reinstall it again. It is no wonder there have been no Slow updates in the last several months.
Hey Ted, there are numerous sites online which show how to reinstall the Store. If you are not using those because you still do not want it, I could see how it might cause problems with Win 10 updates. It probably expects a normal install and runs into problems when it tries to update that default app.

Reaction score
Tried again with Microsoft Store added. Same problem.
If you have a setupact.log I would be willing to compare it to one of mine, maybe it would show where the problem is. A setuperr.log might help but usually doesn't give enough detail.

These files may be in one of the $Windows type folders or in a Panther folder in the Windows directory, just check the date to make sure it coincides with a failed install attempt.

You could put it on your OneDrive and give us a link or zip and attach but the setupact.log file is fairly large.

Reaction score
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 gave the usual install error except sooner!

Ask a Question