SOLVED Preview Build 18323

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Release today to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18323/#u0OFgZjrUpWSQF8J.97

BEWARE: The last couple new builds have not gone easily for many and this one doesn't seem to be starting out on good footing
Please note that due to a small outage in our build publishing system, this build will be rolling out to Windows Insiders over the next few hours so it may not be immediately available at the time of publish of this blog post.

I'm going to give it a try and hope (fingers crossed) that it'll be a bit less painful.
I guess, since this is the second day of the "Bug Bash", that this is a product of some bashing of bugs.
Hope springs eternal.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK.... I've spent over an hour now staring at this

Capture.PNG

Sort of takes the fun out of it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well I managed to get it to install and....
This time it didn't taken any extraordinary measures. I just simply restarted the problem machine and manually went back to Windows Updates and it proceeded without further incident.

Capture.PNG

I did notice that the version number has finally jumped into the 1903 realm, unlike all previous builds in this 19H1 series showing as version 1809.
I'm gonna take that as a positive sign.

Reaction score
what did you have on your computer before the update? I have been starting from the October update each time. This worked ok until builds after 305. My guess is that each new build depends on something present from before. I probably will not try anymore until there is a slow version.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
what did you have on your computer before the update?
Capture1.PNG

I probably will not try anymore until there is a slow version
Sounds like a plan.
I suspect that after this ongoing "Bug Bash" they'll produce another new build and perhaps then release a slow ring build and maybe even something for those in the "Release Preview" ring.
AND
Hopefully an ISO for download, newer than the one currently available (18290)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-74SihbvLfPoS3k74vDzeMw)()

Reaction score
I did notice that the version number has finally jumped into the 1903 realm, unlike all previous builds in this 19H1 series showing as version 1809.
I suppose the new number means you are in the release and not pre-release version. There is already talk regarding March and the RTM getting ready to go. You might be catching up with the Jump Ahead folks and changes are being limited to solidify the build.

I have been very disappointed in the lack of comments on any Insiders forum regarding the Bug Bash. I can just image a bunch of folks sitting in a room with wooden mallets waiting for a roach to run out. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose the new number means you are in the release and not pre-release version.
It's pretty subtle and I'm not sure that it means anything, but....
IF you look at the two images I posted above and the difference in the wording regarding the "Windows 10 Pro Operating System" versus the "The Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Operating System", with respect to the previous build versus the current and then the Watermark

Capture.PNG

You might be catching up with the Jump Ahead folks
I'm not sure what's going on with the "Skip Ahead" builds.
I've been patiently waiting for it to reopen but either I've missed it altogether or it hasn't yet. Usually it is not available until the development of the current build forks, which I would expect to be a month or more away.
AND
I don't see anyway of even joining the "Skip Ahead" ring in this current release.
Usually it's available even when closed, it just simply tells you that it's not open, but....
This is all I see currently.

Capture1.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It has and somehow that option just magically appeared as an option.

Capture.PNG

Not sure exactly how, as it clearly wasn't there when I posted the same image above.

Unfortunately, neither my primary insider machine nor my spanking new skip ahead machine can seem to contact the Update Service for any updates today. They are both receiving the same message

Capture1.PNG

Maybe it has something to do with the terrible arctic like cold that we here in the Midwest are currently suffering through.

Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, neither my primary insider machine nor my spanking new skip ahead machine can seem to contact the Update Service for any updates today
Seems everything is working normally again.
All Insider Machines just got a Defender Update as normal.

Reaction score
I used the iso to install 18290 and then downloaded 18323 and attempted install. Got the same old error message after nearly complete. Someone is really not doing their job at Microsoft Windows development.

Ask a Question