SOLVED Preview Build 18305 (19H1)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
December 19, 2018 10:21 am, release to Windows Insiders in the fast ring.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18305/#srBrMVtJAT7pe4uF.97

The Windows Sandbox feature looks interesting albeit with some shortcomings

As always..... read the Known Issues section.

Capture.PNG

Noticed in the last two preview builds that the Watermark nor the expiration date show up upon initial reboot following the install.
It requires a subsequent reboot to get them to show.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
downloaded and installed but it stuck at 0% so no joy
I noticed that these recent updates do seem to hang at various stages and with various percentages displayed..... often zero.
Then something kick starts them and they take off and run.

I have to say that both my installs of this update went surprisingly smooth and I didn't get any recycling back and forth through "Getting Things Ready" and "Download" over and over again.

Reaction score
Tried to install again and no luck. I am changing back to the slow builds. I run my best hard drive on the October release with no problems and just check the new updates just for curiosity.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It can sometimes be a bit unrewarding, not to mention frustrating.

Reaction score
Tempted once again!
Rejoined, download and installed. A quick run through and, with my accustomed criticism, I could find nothing that had improved or was new from the standard release I am now using.
Sandbox was of no particular interest, I normally dive in and try such things and , if unhappy, reinstall my image.

I elected to keep my data, which of course, takes a little longer. Disappointingly, it took about 45 minutes to install. (It hung for a long time around the 60% to 70% part) A bit scary at the end as , during the updates, it rebooted at least, I think, four times, with a black screen for a short while.
As said, final result, all working 100%..and?

Reaction score
I noticed that these recent updates do seem to hang at various stages and with various percentages displayed..... often zero.
Then something kick starts them and they take off and run.
When I do a build upgrade, I always leave the Task Manager open so I can see what the system is doing.

You see things like the processor or drive is busy and then the download starts up. After watching this activity for a couple of installs, you get of sense of what it is doing.

Reaction score
I used my fifth best hard drive cloned to the October update. Turned off sharing download. Downloaded and installed. Works OK

Ask a Question