Help stuck on build 10130 can not upgrade

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just a warning I am a noobie so may have to go into detail about what I need to do.

I have been stuck on build 10130 for over a week now trying to upgrade. I am on the fast ring and it continues to try upgrading to 10166 but never succeeds. I have looked at endless forums, blogs and videos and am at my wits end. I have done several things so far that have worked for other people with the same problem but haven't succeeded so far still looking at 10130. I have always made sure I am logged in, changed time, language etc to suit. I reinstalled 10130 again to try and fix the problem. Deactivated my firewall and other antivirus. Not sure what else to do. I have read about mounting?? not quite sure how to do this. Or just wiping and starting again. Please help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have read about mounting??
Simple.....
You grab one of the many ISOs that are available for the latest build of Windows 10 INsider Preview which is currently 10240 (google and attempt to find a reasonably legitimate resource) I could link to one or two but it's not considered good etiquette.
Once you have the ISO file on your local computer, simply right click it and choose "mount". Then run setup.exe from that resource (should show up as an emulated CD Drive), from within your current build and IF it is currently activated then you shouldn't have any problem with the upgrade.

Ask a Question