Build Number Missing

Reaction score
Wonder what happened to the Windows 10 build number that used to be visible in the lower right corner of the screen. I don't see it there now so I opened the system window from the control panel and the build number is not showing there either. Looked through the settings options and couldn't find the build number. As far as I know I'm using build 9926 but I can't find a number to verify it. I'm not sure when it went away as I just noticed it was gone this morning.

Reaction score
OOPS!!! It's still there. It's a white colored font and the desktop picture as also white in that area so I couldn't see the number. I changed the desktop theme and discovered the information is still showing where it always has been.

Reaction score
No sure, but I don't think the build nukber has ever been visible from the Control Panel - system. But if you want to verify your build number, type Winver in a run box.

You can disguise the watermark. I believe that is what you were referring to - bottom right, without the published hack.
Settings - Ease of Access - Other Options (on the bottom left)- Show Windows Background OFF.

Ask a Question