SOLVED Bypass Lock screen, log in without password etc

Reaction score
I was frustrated by constantly having to use a password to login. Lots of suggestions but none worked completely. So this is how I got it to work, you never know it might work for you.
Firstly I tried NETPLWIZ, as often suggested. Type netplwiz in the run box or Cortana and UNCHECK the box which says that users must use a password to logon. This sometimes is enough, sometimes works when rebooting but not coming out of SLEEP mode etc.
Secondly I right clicked on my account icon on the start menu and chose CHANGE ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
Ensure that in the SIGN IN OPTIONS category that the REQUIRE SIGN-IN box is set to NEVER.
This also works sometimes, but as in my case it didn't.
Go back a step to YOUR INFO category and ensure that you have VERIFIED the PC/Laptop for your username and password.
If you can't see the phrase VERIFY THIS PC or similar then it has already been done. It is a step which is often overlooked, especially when setting up a new PC/Laptop. MS will send a code number to your designated email address and you have to enter this code in the supplied box.
After all these steps my Laptop boots and wakes from sleep directly into Windows 10 and my chosen wallpaper etc.
Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it can be :)

Reaction score
That third step was a real surprise - it was only difference between this laptop and another. By the time I found your post, I had changed my password to blank (empty) to get rid of it. Now to get rid of the lock screen I searched and found info to change the registry manually - how crazy is that!

Reaction score
Now to get rid of the lock screen I searched and found info to change the registry manually - how crazy is that!
The registry manually --- What is that ?
As all i know,Offline NT Password & Registry Editor can do that,but it's too complicated. It involves a lot of text.

Reaction score
The registry manually --- What is that ?
As all i know,Offline NT Password & Registry Editor can do that,but it's too complicated. It involves a lot of text.
It look me four hours yesterday and i have not succeeded yet with Offline NT Password & Registry Editor :https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ ,but this is not to deny its role.
This tool is easier than NT,but you need to an empty USB fish (10GB).

Ask a Question