SOLVED Can I skip feature update 1809

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro and know about holding off feature updates for up to a year. I have done that. I bought this current PC last October and it came with 1803 level of Windows. I was aware of all the problems with 1809 and have had friends that lost a lot of things and I did not want to go through that. Since level 1903 is available now can I skip 1809? If so how do I do it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
I have done a couple of older versions to 1903 [1 - 1709 and 1 - 1803] and had no problems. The 1709 was new off-the-shelf, most retailers won't take the time up Upgrade leaving it to the buyer to do it. I'd venture most of us Win10 users aren't having major problems with 1903, I have it on several computers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since level 1903 is available now can I skip 1809? If so how do I do it?
Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
You can either perform the update from that resource directly by using the "Update Now" button
OR
Use the media creation tool to obtain a local copy of the ISO saved to your computer, once you have it simply double click it to mount it and run Setup.exe from the virtual drive that is created when mounted to perform the upgrade.
Either resource will be 1903

Dealers choice.

Ask a Question