Can no longer connect to Internet after changing local IP

Reaction score
ver 2004, build 19041.330
After losing my internet for no apparent reason, I did a Network reset and rebooted which fixed the problem.
A few days after I fired up my AMPPS server and could no longer access any of my local Wordpress sites.
I realized the Network reset had changed my IPv4 from 1.63 to 1.64.
So I went into the Ethernet Properties for the adapter and changed it back to 1.63.
Fired up AMMPS perfect.
Tried to open a normal website - no connection. Outlook no connection. Skype no connection.
Ping google and it does respond? So ping responds but all other apps can't connect. WTH?
Can someone explain why I can't use the internet after changing my IP address locally back to where it was a few days ago?
Thanks.
P.S. I ran the win 10 troubleshooter to fix the problem but all it did was set my IP back to 1.64 which meant AMPPS no longer worked although internet did (which i could fix myself manually).

Reaction score
I don't use restore points, just backups, but thanks. I fixed it in the router - set the static IP there rather than messing around with Windows.

Ask a Question