SOLVED Can we have a new section for other operating systems?.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

can we have a new section for other operating systems please?.

I know that there are several Linux users as well as MAC owners on the forum, it might be nice to discuss other OS'es when the need arise, in particular for the Linux dual booters among the members!.

If not, it is no biggy. Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
There are many MAC forums and many Linux forums. There is even a forum for BSD Unix !

The dual boot gang ( And I have done this way back...) My advice would be to just not do it unless someone is paying you to do it. Just buy a second PC!

Reaction score
There are many MAC forums and many Linux forums. There is even a forum for BSD Unix !

The dual boot gang ( And I have done this way back...) My advice would be to just not do it unless someone is paying you to do it. Just buy a second PC!
Yes. I have 2 IP machines, older but work fine both Dell Intels, and 3 Win10 Pro running, newest was bought 3 years ago and other 2 are older Customs by me, all 3 AMD.

Reaction score
I have 4 computers. 1 only with windows 10 (my main gaming PC), 1 PC with dual boot, Win 10 & Ubuntu Budgie, 1 laptop with dual boot (Win 10 & Ubuntu Budgie), 1 laptop with which I change the drives out, one drive has Win 10 and the other has Linux Mint Dev Edition (LMDE which is Debian based not Ubuntu based). It only takes a minute to swap the drives out when I feel like doing some Linux work on the 2nd laptop as I leave win 10 on it most of the time. :)

Anyway, I just thought it might be an extra bonus for discussion on the forum and that is why I would like to see it implemented!. :)

Reaction score
Thought I just learned something new. Been using Linux Mint since Version 13 and always thought Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian. So the Linux Mint LMDE skips over Ubuntu?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Ian,

can we have a new section for other operating systems please?.

I know that there are several Linux users as well as MAC owners on the forum, it might be nice to discuss other OS'es when the need arise, in particular for the Linux dual booters among the members!.

If not, it is no biggy. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm very hesitant to add forum sections for other OSes, as they'll likely only be incidentally used and I want to keep the focus on here very much on Windows 10 :). I don't have any problems with questions for other operating systems being posted in the off-topic section, as long as they don't overwhelm the focus of the forum. It's a nice idea to add the sections, but I fear it would reduce the focus on this forums primary topic and just become a "computing" forum instead.

Reaction score
Thought I just learned something new. Been using Linux Mint since Version 13 and always thought Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian. So the Linux Mint LMDE skips over Ubuntu?
HI Bighorn,

they still have the Ubuntu based versions of Linux Mint but LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) is solely based directly on Debian using the main Debian repo's. :) To the best of my knowledge, they are not using any Ubuntu based repo's?. :rolleyes:

See also:

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3860 :)

Ask a Question