Cannot Delete Files

Reaction score
When trying to delete some files I get a dialog box entitled Interrupted Action with a second line saying 'Invalid MS-DOS Function". It appears any files from Windows 7 will not delete. Pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now this is curious: I was logged into the forums when I clicked on the link above to see the "Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10" page. That page came up as though I was NOT logged into the forums. Am I missing something here?

o_O :confused: o_O

Reaction score
The problem I had as well as many others is Windows 10 goes over the top of other operating systems therefore leaving files intact for 30 days. This makes for many problems. Microsoft tried to make it a choice for everyone but didn't move other systems to "Windows Old" like windows 8. Only fix I found was clean install.

Reaction score
Similar problem - WORD file on Desktop wouldn't delete.
Uninstalled recently downloaded Free Media Joiner "Media Cope" and problem solved.

Ask a Question