Cannot delete unused printers from Devices & Printers

Reaction score
The printers do not show in "device manager" but they appear in Devices & Printers.
If I select it and click on "remove" it temp goes away but reappears again later.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
can you post a screen shot of the "Devices & Printers" window? So we can see what devices your are talking about.

Reaction score
can you post a screen shot of the "Devices & Printers" window? So we can see what devices your are talking about.
ps-1.jpg
ps-2.jpg
ps-3.jpg

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Are you joined/connected to a network? From the looks of things, it seems to be installed on AMD-24....is that your computer? Have you tried looking for it in control panel/programs/programs and features/uninstall or change a program?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think you're right Jimbo..... those are network printers and Windows 10 is probably going to continue searching, finding and putting them in there.
In XP there used to be a way to tell the OS, to stop searching for network shared printer specifically, but I can't seem to find that setting in Windows 10.
Gotta be a registry / group policy setting somewhere to turn that off.

Reaction score
I think you're right Jimbo..... those are network printers and Windows 10 is probably going to continue searching, finding and putting them in there.
In XP there used to be a way to tell the OS, to stop searching for network shared printer specifically, but I can't seem to find that setting in Windows 10.
Gotta be a registry / group policy setting somewhere to turn that off.
I'm using the HP6mp as a local printer on the usb via usb-to-parallel adapter. Works fine.
Yes, when this Dell-4600-laptop was on win-7 before I upgraded to 10, that same printer used to be on the AMD24 desk-top system on my local network.
I have removed it from the AMD24 desk-top system. The AMD24 system is still on win7 but no longer frequently connected to the network. (only for archival needs)
I have tried turning off "network discovery" but it doesn't help.
I've tried removing the printer as shown from the "print cue" in device manager... and they just reappear.
I can delete them all places shown, but a few moments they reappear.
Even if I disconnect the network and all usb devices... ( still, after deleting the printers shown... they keep on continuing to reappear)

Ask a Question