Cannot move, copy or delete folders in widows 10

Reaction score
Cannot move, copy or delete folders in widows 10 file explorer. I get the message "cannot find item This is no longer located in F:\video. Verify the item's location and try again." Does not matter which drive or which folder, this is always the result. I can however click on the folder, open it and move, copy or delete the files inside the folder. I am then stuck with empty folders all over my computer.

I have been using Windows 10 for a number of months without this issue, just stared happening this morning. Any solutions out there.

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
"cannot find item This is no longer located in F:\video. Verify the item's location and try again."
Not sure, what might be going on.
Have you considered using the native Check Disk utility to examine the drive(s) / partition(s) for problems.
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (admin) and in the command prompt window type
chkdsk C: /R (replacing C: as needed to reflect the appropriate drive letter)
hit enter
Answer "Y" when prompted (likely drive C: only)
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
reboot (for drive C:)
WARNING: Depending on the size and contents of the drive this can take a very long time to complete, do not interrupt it. It may appear to hang a various points, just don't interrupt it.
IF... you have any reason to suspect a problem with the physical drive you may want to back everything up.... sooner rather than later.

Ask a Question