Cannot remove bluetooth device

Reaction score
Hi all, I had problems with my logitech keyboard not being recognised so I tried to remove the device and its just saying 'removing device' but there has been no change. I've tried uninstalling the bluetooth enumerators and devices, and then rebooting but nothing has changed. Can anyone help please?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Rachel, welcome to the forums :).

Could you confirm where you are removing the device from please (and which device, the Logitech keyboard that is incorrectly detected - or the Bluetooth device entry)? If you could take a screenshot that would be really helpful.

Reaction score
Hi Rachel, welcome to the forums :).

Could you confirm where you are removing the device from please (and which device, the Logitech keyboard that is incorrectly detected - or the Bluetooth device entry)? If you could take a screenshot that would be really helpful.
Hi Ian
Thanks so much. I went to settings, devices, bluetooth and tried to remove the Logitech keyboard (see pic). I read on another forum page a recommendation to remove bluetooth enumerators etc which I found in 'more bluetooth options'.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.JPG
    IMG_4379.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 747

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try going to Device Manager (right click the start button to see this option) and then find your Bluetooth adaptor, right click it and select uninstall. That should force remove any Bluetooth devices and pick up the adaptor and re-install the drivers once you have rebooted.

Just as an aside, there's a really handy "snipping" tool for taking screenshots - I thought it was worth a mention as you used a camera to take the photo and the snipping method may be easier (https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-take-a-screenshot.22/). :)

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I've deleted it though the device manager but it is still there in settings... I will try rebooting to see if that will get rid of it. If its still there, I'll let you know. Thanks for the tip - my screenshot button is not operating for some reason. Fingers crossed this will work

Reaction score
I think I would make sure the keyboard had a battery and turned on. I would also have another keyboard connected at the same time. Then disconnect the Logitech keyboard and then try removing it.

I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard but I do have several headsets and speakers which seem to work fine, with my system. There may be some restriction on such things as keyboards or mice.

Ask a Question