Cannot get windows 10 to "keep" a changed extension.

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to change an extension from ".bin" currently using "Siglos" Karaoke player to "Karafun" player and I've been having a problem with Windows 10 keeping the changed extension after I've changed it.

Here's what I did:
1. Went to Control Panel and selected Default Programs.
2. Then I selected "Associate a file type..."
3. Went to the extension I wish to change (in this case ".bin") to associate it with "Karafun" and clicked on "Change Program".
4. Went to "Look for another app on this PC" after clicking on "More Apps". Located "karafun.exe" on my computer then clicked on "Open" and it hasn't change the "Current Default".

** I noted that even selecting "Default Programs" doesn't show "KaraFun" as an app to select. Does Windows 10 not recognize a player as a program app?

** I also ended up deleting the "Siglos" player and it still didn't do any good.

Very frustrating! So, any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
That extension is a specific type and used for such things a data folders. Maybe it is reserved and cannot be changed.

Ask a Question