Cannot log in to Windows 10 (need help)

Reaction score
Hi, this morning I attempted to log onto my laptop ( Windows 10 ) and got an error message saying , "Windows couldnt connect to the Group Policy Client service"
"Please consult your system administrator"

I've already looked up this issue (using my phone which I am also using to post this thread) and it would appear the only fix I've seen requires logging in on another account that is an administrator account. However I only have one user account on my laptop and it is an admin user.

I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this because I can't seem to find anyone in my situation online.

--quick wrap up--

Can't sign into my laptop to fix the problem, what do I do?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Windows did an automated update that took a very long time. Next morning, I try to log in with no luck. Spoke with Microsoft support, but all of their suggestions to "fix" it ends up with the system asking for my admin password, which, ironically changed unbeknownst to me during the update.

I have another PC that I was using, and I can no longer log into that one either. I was using a friends account to download the installation media to a USB drive. (Part of the useless instructions that aren't working...). My friend got on it later and created a hotmail email address. When the lock screen came on her PC username changed to the new hotmail name, and now she is locked out as well.

Since when does Microsoft control the admin username and password?

Reaction score
Hi, this morning I attempted to log onto my laptop ( Windows 10 ) and got an error message saying , "Windows couldnt connect to the Group Policy Client service"
"Please consult your system administrator"

I've already looked up this issue (using my phone which I am also using to post this thread) and it would appear the only fix I've seen requires logging in on another account that is an administrator account. However I only have one user account on my laptop and it is an admin user.

I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this because I can't seem to find anyone in my situation online.

--quick wrap up--

Can't sign into my laptop to fix the problem, what do I do?

I had the same problem. I'll run you through it.
go to the user account you want to log into.
below the fill in box there is a button that says 'sign in options'
if you normally put in the pin, then choose the option on the right
then put the password that is associated with the email account that you use on the account
then you should be logged in
just google how to change your pin
should be fixed

Ask a Question