Can't add my email account

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can help me with this and I hope I'm in the right place.....

I had to replace my PC so reinstalled Windows 10 on the new one, all was ok till I tried to set up my email accounts, Hotmail & Googlemail no problem but two others just won't set up.
I didn't have a problem with the previous Windows 10 but just can't get them working on this...
I have noticed on the settings now there are no boxes for which port it needs (don't know if this is relevant).
I tells me my account settings are out of date and when I go to change them the password in the box has 16 digits where as the actual password is only 8 digits, nothing I do changes this as it always reverts to what ever the 16 digit one is, I have removed and reinstalled millions of times (well 4 or 5 times) without success.

I have the accounts on my android phone but would really like them back on my PC

Any ideas?

Les

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can help me with this and I hope I'm in the right place.....

I had to replace my PC so reinstalled Windows 10 on the new one, all was ok till I tried to set up my email accounts, Hotmail & Googlemail no problem but two others just won't set up.
I didn't have a problem with the previous Windows 10 but just can't get them working on this...
I have noticed on the settings now there are no boxes for which port it needs (don't know if this is relevant).
I tells me my account settings are out of date and when I go to change them the password in the box has 16 digits where as the actual password is only 8 digits, nothing I do changes this as it always reverts to what ever the 16 digit one is, I have removed and reinstalled millions of times (well 4 or 5 times) without success.

I have the accounts on my android phone but would really like them back on my PC

Any ideas?

Les
are you using the 'Mail.app' supplied with windows 10 ?

"some users are unable to use the app" see :
Download Windows Live Mail For Windows 10 :- http://www.intowindows.com/download-windows-live-mail-for-windows-10/
Yes I am.....I used it on the previous PC without any problems

Ask a Question