Can't add documents to desktop

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering why, in this last windows 10 version, 1709, i can't put any document on the desktop like in previous windows versions?
Documents have been saved in the "normal" desktop map, not on the OneDrive and i can see them in the map finder but not on the desktop screen. Why?
This desktop map can't be pin to the quick menu, only the OneDrive Desktop, again, why?
i hope someone knows and can answer.

Sandra

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Sandra77,

Welcome to the Forum.

You ought to be able to save documents to the Desktop, so perhaps the Security Permissions have altered.
  • Right-click on File Explorer folder on your Taskbar
  • In the context menu that show right-click on the Documents folder and select Properties
  • Select the Security tab
  • Left-click on System then click the Edit button
    • Ensure all items apart from Special permissions are checked below the Allow column
    • If you need to check any items then click Apply button
  • Next in the Group or usernames field left-click on your Username then click the Edit button
    • Again check that all items apart from Special Permissions is checked below the Allow column
    • If you need to check any items then click Apply button
  • Next, click the General tab and remove the Check next to Read only
  • Click Apply then click OK

Reaction score
Thanks, but except for the special permissions of the documents i couldn't reach anything with right-click. i guess it is working differently that what i was used to in the earlier windows versions.

Ask a Question