SOLVED can't find driver for ati radeon graphics card

Reaction score
hey al, installed windows 10 preview 32 bit on asus m2a-vm / amd Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Brisbane / 4 gb ddr2 ram yes it is an old build from 2007 worked fine with windows 7 installed and no driver problems. where can I locate a driver tried the one for vista and it will not install. the display adaptor shows up as basic display adapter with driver shown as "ati atombios" will Microsoft come out with any native drivers when the final release comes out.

the poorguy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the integrated GPU on the MoBo.
If so, there would appear to be a Windows 7 64 bit driver here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2AVM/HelpDesk_Download/
Which may work for you. I have no idea which actual GPU Chip is on the MoBo, you may have to (after extracting the Zip file) run the .exe in compatibility mode.
And since, sometimes CCC can be a problem you may want to have a look here http://www.sysnative.com/forums/win...ting-amd-ati-cards-drivers-only.html#post4856
John has a nice trick there for installing the drivers only and avoiding the rest of the Catalyst Control Center.
Additionally you may want to grab the MoBo Chipset driver while you're on that ASUS link.

Reaction score
in my earlier post I failed to mention that the graphics card I a ati radeon x 1300 xge 512 mb pci-e.

yeah I tried amd / ati website and their driver would not install. I really hope I don't have to abandon this card as it was pretty good in its day. the basic graphics driver that windows 10 preview installed seems to work ok however sometimes I get pieces of broken up video.

also this motherboard just doesn't like 64 bit anything. I can install 64 bit operating system but on reboot it locks up tight. 32 bit runs great.
thanks
the poorguy

Reaction score
yeah although I may not have an exact graphics driver I do have to say that most streaming and browsing looks damn good. I may just leave as is alone for now and keep searching and wait and see what comes in the final release as far as drivers and such.
this preview I have to admit is a welcome change and if the final cut is as good as this preview is Microsoft may have a good thing for them. this does run really good and is a lot easier to navigate than windows 8.0 / 8.1 in my opinion.

thanks
the poorguy

Ask a Question