SOLVED Can't get passed welcome back stage- forgotten password

Reaction score
hi I've upgraded to windows 10 and I'm at the welcome back screen but I can't remember the password and there isn't an option to reset the password, does anyone know how to recover forgotten passwords.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You don't say if the account is a Live:ID (MS Account) or a local user account.
If = MS, then you might try resetting it on-line using another computer or mobile device.
If = Local account, the you or either going to have to use third party software or you can try enabling the hidden Admin account.
I posted a method here https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/keeps-saying-incorrect-password.1185/#post-12550
There are links to the installation media as well as a link to a step by step guide to the registry edit.
Read the my post and then read the guide that I linked to.

Reaction score
All sorted now , I just clicked on button saying it wasn't me & followed the instructions, it eventually came to screen where I could log in with my picture login.

Thanks for all suggestions

REB

Reaction score
You don't say if the account is a Live:ID (MS Account) or a local user account.
If = MS, then you might try resetting it on-line using another computer or mobile device.
If = Local account, the you or either going to have to use third party software or you can try enabling the hidden Admin account.
I posted a method here https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/keeps-saying-incorrect-password.1185/#post-12550
There are links to the installation media as well as a link to a step by step guide to the registry edit.
Read the my post and then read the guide that I linked to.
I too have a problem with my installation. I can't get past the welcome screen. I think it's ridiculous that my system password is not accepted. I am regretting installing windows 10.

Ask a Question