Can't install update.

Reaction score
update kb4598242 won't install in more than7 attempts. When I shut down it tries downloads. When I start it tries to install then fails. Theres an error code 0x80073701. What can I do?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
First look in the History and see if the update has been installed already.

If you don't see it there, open the troubleshooter (from the left hand column) , and then the "Additional Trouble shooters"
Select the update and run it.
See if you have any further success.

Reaction score
Hi Farone,

what version of Win 10 do you have?. :)

Reaction score
Typing the error code into Google ( including the x) gives plenty of information.

Reaction score
error update issues win10p build 19041.1, both mmc n services issues both tweaked. (2) flash update, netframe n other. example 0x8000ffff) usual stop antivirus firewall install...forget defender? deleted win download program in C directory + "$" type files $SysReset. anyone have straight FTP download for updates while bypassing usual update process? only option left DISM. Thks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi zono,

do an upgrade per the link above first then get back to us please. I am on build 19042.804. :)

1614676603543.png

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Wolfie
Considering old windows or an older os maybe linux...ponder. even tried installing stand alone kb's no dice - flash updates. website
Usually clean install works best guess my number finally came up from ms to install buggiest OS Ever. Thanks.

Reaction score
Wolfie,
This Build runs smooth with experience package 120.2212.31.0. Tried to install Windows 10 on SSD with GPT + UEFI in BIOS, but not take. Maybe use Virtualbox later on with more RAM. Have an OS on SSD but No downloads due to US govmnt what is going on?? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Try it with NTFS!. ;)
"This Build runs smooth with experience package 120.2212.31.0. " Runs.
Installed Wins10 to SATA drive with UEFI. Must be misunderstanding...or misread. SSD Lexar website does not allow for downloads for its products. Initially, Disabled Compatibility Support Module (CSM) and kept looping and not allowing wins to install via USB to SSD, so re-enabled CSM for installation to the SATA drive. At this time, only Linux is installed on SSD drive. Hopefully windows fixes this problem or they may lose customers. Unless they are banking on Virtualbox for the fix or other.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Zono,

I recommend the update assistant, click on the link below and then on "Update now". :)

Been running since Tuesday, UEFI. Quote "" his Build runs smooth with experience package 120.2212.31.0. " Runs.

Re-read Tuesdays post first line, maybe your reading skills are not what they used to be...hopefully they improve.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Wolfie,
Must be a true expert and I respect that.

Only use CMD prompt when necessary for example to format the disk or other things. Use power shell when running daemon tools. Been an OEM system builder for 20 yrs+ one reason why I never post on any windows forums besides someone has always posted the correct answer anyways. Best part about wins it is all categorized by devices and broken down into sections.

Attachments

• SSD Drive Setup.PNG
    SSD Drive Setup.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Ask a Question