Cant Open Files

Reaction score
Another part of this Networking problem it seems to be that on the main host PC where I can see the other PC I can copy pictures and video over to the main pc but not any Word docx???
Whereas on the other PC I can't even see the main computer. Therefore I'm trying to make sure the credentials are correct.

Reaction score
I also don't set up my computers for actual network access but do use 2 NAS drives and 2 different printers connected by Ethernet to the Router plus 5 Desktops and a workbench with Ethernet connections. It's a 4-port Wireless Router with a 5th Uplink port to the Modem and an 8-port Switch, both Gigabit. No one computer has to be running for access to files stored on the NAS drives, I just Map the Public folder on either drive from any computer Wired or Wireless that has access. Same for the 2 printers, LaserJet and InkJet.

Reaction score
Thank you both for your assistance. I was able to follow the link from the Wndows instructions and managed to send over the files. More learning for me in that article. I'll still continue trying to get the networking fixed can't stand everything not running correctly, but wont have to worry about copying files over between the two PCs for now.

Reaction score
Please mark the thread as solved if you are happy so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question