SOLVED Cant run Windows Registry Checker Scanreg /restore etc.!

Reaction score
I recently had my system crash with a bad system config. I did all the trouble shooting tools. Eventually I had to do a Reset and reinstall everything. It seems to be running ok but I still like to check it. When I try to run the Scanreg tool to check my registry I get a error "Scanreg is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I like to scan my registry for errors but it wont work. I could use some help in finding out how to fix this and use the tool. I'd appreciate some instructions or info on how to do it.

Reaction score

Thank you for replying. The first things I did was run the SFC /scan now and the DISM tool. Both came back with no problems found. I'm sorry I forgot to add that to my post. I also ran chkdsk and it came back fine. I don't know what the problem is. I checked YouTube and a video showed I had the correct registry entries too. I'm at a loss as to why it wont run on my system.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regscan.exe was deprecated long ago.

It's not running on your system because its not even there to run.

If you have downloaded the executable from some third party website, then assuming you are certain it is not infected with malware or virus, you'd need to place the executable into your C:\WINDOWS\System32 directory.

Then to be able to run it, you'd need to open an Administrator: Command Prompt and type your command there: e.g. scanreg /restore, or scanreg /fix at the C:\WINDOWS\System32> prompt

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I just found out that that was retired after Windows 98.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. The first things I did was run the SFC /scan now and the DISM tool. Both came back with no problems found. I'm sorry I forgot to add that to my post. I also ran chkdsk and it came back fine. I don't know what the problem is. I checked YouTube and a video showed I had the correct registry entries too. I'm at a loss as to why it wont run on my system.
Run from CMD Admin
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow
chkdsk /r

Reaction score
Hi

I want to see MRU docs, FileExts, UseAssist File, Run / RunOnce folder from window registry but i didn't find these folders. How can I access these folders? Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks
Regards

Reaction score
Hi

I want to see MRU docs, FileExts, UseAssist File, Run / RunOnce folder from window registry but i didn't find these folders. How can I access these folders? Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks
Regards
I suggest you try a "new" post. This one is very old and the title is out of context. Also marked Solved., so you may not get much response

Ask a Question