This app cant run on your PC

Reaction score
I have updated to Windows 10 which has been running with no problems for some time, then I suddenly get the message
This app cant run on your PC To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher
I have not changed anything, I get the pop up I click on it, it goes away and straight pops up again
Please help

Barnetflyer

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Launch Task Manager and select the startup tab from along the top.
Right click and choose disable for all the items listed (unless of course you know the program that is causing the issue, then you only need to disable the one).
Reboot your computer and see if the message reoccurs
If not then you will need to investigate further to determine which one is causing the issue, by re-enabling them individually and rebooting after each change.
Double check for Windows Updates as today is update Tuesday and there are a few out there now.
As well as the Windows Store, launch it and select your account at the top right and check for downloads and updates.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Launch Task Manager and select the startup tab from along the top.
Right click and choose disable for all the items listed (unless of course you know the program that is causing the issue, then you only need to disable the one).
Reboot your computer and see if the message reoccurs
If not then you will need to investigate further to determine which one is causing the issue, by re-enabling them individually and rebooting after each change.
Double check for Windows Updates as today is update Tuesday and there are a few out there now.
As well as the Windows Store, launch it and select your account at the top right and check for downloads and updates.
Many thanks I will give it a try and get back to you

Reaction score
I having this same problem since around 2 weeks ago. It happens with Adobe Bridge and with Foxit Reader and possibly a couple of others. Both of these programs were running fine until that time. Now I get the same message as above when attempting to use them.

Another problem that appeared around the same time and might be related is that disk usage in task manager is showing as 100% for much of the time and has rendered my machine pretty much unusable for any kind of serious work.

In researching both these issues I've found a lot of threads on multiple forums with people having the same problems but no single cause seems to have been discovered.

Being as both started a couple of weeks ago I figured it might have been a recent update and so tried system restore. The restore was unsuccessful.

One suggestion, that seems to be have helped a little with the disk activity is to turn off the following services.
Windows Search, Superfetch, and Background Intelligent Transfer Service. It has not been a complete fix for me but I seem to be having more up time with them turned off than on.

Ask a Question