SOLVED Can't send e-mails in Outlook 2013 - Task reported error (0x800CCC13)

Reaction score
That worked for me ( scannow) thanks

Should I do that on my wife's computer. She rolled back to 8.1 and problem went away but I guess will return if she upgrades again.

Reaction score
Hi, i was having the same issue, ran the scannow tool and it seemed fixed - no error message and the mail now appears in sent items .

However....the mail hasn't actually been sent. I sent it to another account (where I don't use Outlook) and I haven't received it.

Bizarrely though, if I go to the sent mail in Outlook, and then "forward" it to the same address, it works .Have tried it numerous times, always with same result.

Any ideas gratefully received!!!

Reaction score
I had the same problem with emails not leaving the Outbox but as with geoffshep69 I ran scf /scannow and the Outbox emptied but the emails never arrived but you could forward them. I came across geoffshep69 on the talktalk forum and we are both on a 'tiscali' email address so there may be a problem with 'Tiscali/talktalk'.
I am now on my third time of running scf /scannow and hoping for the best but I may well be going back to 8.1.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - the sfc scan worked great. I wonder why Microsoft hasn't done anything yet to fix the issue. Seems to give a lot of people a big headache.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - the sfc scan worked great. I wonder why Microsoft hasn't done anything yet to fix the issue. Seems to give a lot of people a big headache.

Glad it worked for you Ben - I'm still no further forward and have reset my email accounts both automatically and manually. Still looking for assistance before going back to 8.1.

Reaction score
ISand, some people on the TalkTalk / Tiscali forums seem to be reporting the same issue even though they haven't upgraded to Windows 10. I had also considered reverting back to 8.1 but will hold off for now until there is any further clarity.

Having done the upgrade to 10, and invested a fair amount of time getting things up and running properly, I'm loathe to revert back to 8.1 only to find that the e-mail issue we are having may still exist !

Reaction score
Hi Ian, just wanted to thank you for solving my two day old problem of not being able to send emails. I used the sfc/scannow and the miracle worked!! I am now up and running on windows 10 but still pressing lots of wrong buttons!

Reaction score
Hi Ian, Signed up to the forum so I could say thanks. I had the exact same problem test email settings sent fine but no others, just that dreaded send error. spent hours on google to find your fix. AND IT WORKED. Thank you

Reaction score
Well, it looks like running "sfc /scannow" from an administrative command prompt did the trick!

That is going to cause a lot of headaches if this problem affects everyone with Outlook 2013 :eek:.

Updated Friday and just had exactly the same problem on 3 accounts [IMAP, POP3 Exchange] Solved by sfc/scannow.

Very grateful to you Ian.

Feel a bit let down by MS because it looks as if they have known about this for a while. I hope they clear this up soon

Reaction score
ISand, some people on the TalkTalk / Tiscali forums seem to be reporting the same issue even though they haven't upgraded to Windows 10. I had also considered reverting back to 8.1 but will hold off for now until there is any further clarity.

Having done the upgrade to 10, and invested a fair amount of time getting things up and running properly, I'm loathe to revert back to 8.1 only to find that the e-mail issue we are having may still exist !

I set up email on outlook on a 'straight out of the box' computer running on 8.1 and the emails still do not arrive when they go out of the outbox. The issue with them not leaving and the 0x800CCC13 code appears to have been a Windows 10 issue but emails disappearing into the ether when you send looks like a Talk Talk issue with the Tiscali accounts. Strangely you can still forward and reply to emails.

Reaction score
Dear all,

Having upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 two days before, this morning (18 hours before) my outgoing mails got stuck. I blamed my email server admin and the broadband service provider for it. They too were unable to find a solution!

I live in Sri Lanka, a developing country in the Indian Ocean. Here we have limited expertise on Windows, especially on Windows 10. I had no option but to fight alone with Google. Finally a short while ago (11.26pm); almost after 18 hrs I found this wonderful forum. Read it from top to bottom.

As recommended and worked well for many of you, I ran the scan. Like a charm it solved my issue. Now the emails are going. Was planning to go back to Windows 8.1 if failed!

Anyway, please accept my sincere gratitude extended to all the wonderful people found commenting on this thread having taken their time off to educate/ help others. Thank you very much!

Ashwin Hemmathagama

ibn

Reaction score
Good morning, I have the same problem with Outlook 2010, error code 0x800CCC13. I can sent an email within the account setup text box, but not from Outlook itself. I have also tried all the above, even changed the out port for 25 to 2525 to 143, 587. I have just tried to run your suggestion of "sfc / scannow" as administrator - still the same problem - any other ideas? Regards John
Hi John,

I'm in the same situation as you.
I've also tried changing ports, also tried 'scannow'
and just also tried the online repair tool.

What did you to to finally fix it?
Much appreciated!

Ask a Question