Cant upload photos to HP Desktop.

Reaction score
My Canon Powershot A2300 will not upload photos to my HP P6 2300a Desktop anymore? This has happened suddenly, it was OK on the 28th of February, then it didn't work a week later? ( Maybe an update has screwed things up?) I've changed USB ports, changed the USB cable, updated the camera driver in device manager run sfc/scannow and uninstalled then reinstalled the latest camera software. Nothing worked so I took the memory card out and put it into the card reader and that didn't work either although I've never used it since new. I tried to restore my computer to when it was working OK, I selected a date clicked on it but nothing happened? I've been in contact with Canon techs but they can't figure it out either? Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Are you able to view the pictures when you insert the card in the card reader? The card should show up as a separate folder in explorer. You may have to go in to one of the folders (usually labeled something like DCIM). Maybe the card is corrupt?

Reaction score
No I cant see the photos in explorer when I insert the card. Ive opened Task manager and that shows nothing either? I can veiw the photos on the camera so the card must be OK. I will ask my daughter to bring her laptop around to see if it works on her computer?

Reaction score
Does explorer show the card as a separate drive? I don't have a card reader on this PC so I plugged in my flash drive. The card should show up the same.

Reaction score
One point to keep in mind that for use in cameras the memory cards need to be formatted/reformatted in the camera, seems the process is just a little bit different from what the computer does to the card.

Reaction score
One point to keep in mind that for use in cameras the memory cards need to be formatted/reformatted in the camera, seems the process is just a little bit different from what the computer does to the card.
Yes, I know about formatting the card but it only has 80mb on it right now.

Ask a Question