Certifcate error on forum website

Reaction score
Hi all,

clicked on my shortcut for the forum and this page showed up, anyone else had it?: :eek:

website warning.JPG

cert error.JPG

On FireFox, much the same but you can add an exception: :)

firefox cert warning.JPG

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Our site has been targeting by spammers the ;last week.

Ian has introduced some new security to help end that, and its possible that may have something to do with the expired certificate. We'll have to wait until Ian comes along and can sort it.

The site meanwhile will continue to function fine.

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32,

thanks, I only noticed the other posts about the same situation on the forum after I posted this one as I didn't look in the other sections first thinking it belongs in the security section of the forum!. :):):)

Reaction score
It is possible that he may have replaced the contents with an older backup, which has an out of date certificate. No security problem as such. Just my guess after examining the certificates.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - it looks like our hosting control panel decided not to renew the SSL certificate overnight. I'm manually doing it now, then looking at the logs to see why it wasn't automatic.

Ask a Question