Change install location in Windows Store - Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

Reaction score
I contacted Microsoft and not a single person, across several departments, could help me with this issue.

I purchased Gears of War: Ultimate Edition a few days ago and attempted to install it. But I realized my C: drive didn't have enough space, and moreover, that I didn't want it on that drive at all. There seems to be nowhere on the Store page that gives me the option to tell this game where to install.

As a gamer, this is pretty surprising. I've never been able to install any program without telling it where to install, nonetheless a game of 50+ gb.

The only information I could get from tech support was that the Store application will install to whatever drive it's currently on. And unless I'm missing something, this application will automatically be installed to your default drive...the drive I don't have enough space on.

Is there anyone out there with any ideas? I literally cannot play the game off this drive.

I appreciate the support.

Attachments

• gow.png
    gow.png
    634.2 KB · Views: 1,422

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.
As an SSD user also, I would definitely have a problem with Store Apps consuming all my space on my OS drive.
IF you can free up some space on drive C:\ by moving some things around or uninstalling somethings
OR by
Settings -> Apps & features
Select Apps installed on drive C and see if you have any that have a "Move" option
It seems that after the fact you might be able to do the same thing with Gears of War Ultimate Edition
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...am/94d8e020-b087-494e-959a-82ce7b553bb5/posts

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice. I will try this and let you know.

The other thing I was looking into was Settings > System > Storage. I was hoping to find a place to set the default location for installing games here, but it only seems to address Apps, Documents, Pictures and Music. I tried switching them all anyway, and it did nothing.

Anyway, I'll report back soon.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.
As an SSD user also, I would definitely have a problem with Store Apps consuming all my space on my OS drive.
IF you can free up some space on drive C:\ by moving some things around or uninstalling somethings
OR by
Settings -> Apps & features
Select Apps installed on drive C and see if you have any that have a "Move" option
It seems that after the fact you might be able to do the same thing with Gears of War Ultimate Edition
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...am/94d8e020-b087-494e-959a-82ce7b553bb5/posts
HAHAHAHA! I love your description.

Last edited:

Ask a Question