Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds

Reaction score
Hello. So desktop computer is Dell XPS, I7. Windows 10 Pro. Normal office software, Quickbooks, AOL desktop, McAfee antivirus.

The date and time on the computer are correct to current date and time (5/4/2017). I go to change the date to 5/8/2017. The date changes when I click "Change" on that pop-up. By the time I am looking again at the white date/time settings page, the date reverts back to 5/4/2017.

Computer is set to NOT synchronize with an internet time server, Set Time automatically is OFF, Set Time Zone Automatically is OFF, Adjust for daylight ... is ON

Computer keeps the date and time accurately on reboot or off/on even if I left it a few hours "off".

I just cannot change it. Has anybody seen something like this before? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Quickbooks, postdating checks. Used to work until some 2 months ago. I have 3 computers and only this one has the problem.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Start > Settings > Time & language

Turn Set time automatically to off

Click the change button

Change date

Done

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes you mentioned its off, and also mentioned a few other things.

The only thing that need to be off is that one setting.

Daylight Savings is irrelevant

Internet Time Server is irrelevant

etcetera . . .

Reaction score
Thank you. I did not want to sound snappy, before, far from it. And I gave all the settings details just in case and so that people will have a clear picture...

Well, back to this, it is OFF already.

Also, I did try with "Set Time Zone Automatically" ON and any other combination I could think of on that page but it did not make any difference.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you checked your GPO settings?

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment

Perhaps its set to restrict alterations for your User profile.

That would be the norm given changing date and time as you intend to can corrupt Error logs in Event Viewer, CBS and DISM, which is not a good thing given you need those when repairing and/or doing an cleanup-image, and doing basics like Windows Updates.

Ask a Question