Click on Start then critical error can't shut the pic down

Help with start option having critical error

• I can fix this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't fix this

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
When we click start we get an error message says critical error saying sign out ant it will fix it next time you start up. This one problem but the other is that you can't shut down the pc except for the power button.
Does anyone know how to get the start working again as this is where all the programmes are and every time you click on the start option the pc comes up with the critical error message

I look forward to knowing what to do

Reaction score
Suggestions :

1. Go to Safe Mode............
Restart computer > but don't sign in >
at login screen, bottom right, click the Power icon >
press Shift key and hold > click Restart >
select Troubleshoot >
select Advanced Options >
select Startup Settings >
select Safe Mode >
select Safe Mode option, #4, 5 or 6. does not matter which one.
Once you are in safe mode, don't do anything. Wait a few minutes and restart your computer to go back to normal mode.
See if the problem has disappeared.

2. Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter > wait a bit until you see....

PS C:\windows\system32>
At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this ( better to copy and paste the command line to avoid typo )......................

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.
If you see any error in red, ignore them.

3. Create another user account with exactly the same privileges as the one you are having issues.
Logon to the new account and find out if you have the same problem.
If not, it would indicate that the account you have issues with is corrupted.
Back up whatever you want to keep and delete that account.

Ask a Question