Clickable address...

Reaction score
I was sent my website below (in response to a question I had asked) by a support person from Weebly. Obviously, the website is clickable...when I type the same url ...httP//www.adoithewayitwas.com ....it is not clickable...how do I correct this problem? Thanks!

http://www.adoithewayitwas.com

http://www.adoithewayitwas.com

I see that both of the typed in url's are now 'clickable'...when typed into a Word document or typed into Bing....they are not clickable???

I need the url to be clickable and take a visitor to the website upon seeing that url or typing it into a search engine (browser...?? Again, my heartfelt thanks!

Regedit32

Reaction score
In Word you'd need to get to your options > AutoCorrect tab and make sure that Internet and network paths with hyperlinks is checked.

I'm not sure about Bing. Given that is a search engine I cannot think why you'd be typing your hyperlink there. If you are searching for your page in Bing, the results ought to be clickable. If they are not then there must be a setting in your web browser that needs turning on to allow these to work.

if you let the forum know what version of Word and what web browser you are using someone will no doubt be able to give you more specific instructions on how to make hyperlinks clickable.

So far as creating a hyperlink that automatically loads to a page even without clicking on it you'd need to use the redirect options within the HTML tags or CLASS tags if using CSS. My advice though, would be not to go there. People generally prefer the option to choose to go to X rather than be forced to go to X.

Reaction score
Regedit32
I was more concerned about Word than anything and your advice provided a solution for that problem. I'll check out the rest of your advice a bit later when I have more time.

Thank you so much...much relief!

Gary Zimmer

Ask a Question