Cmd Console and CHCP-Raster font issue

Reaction score
I am working on a hobby project in pure batch that retrieves a character in code page 65001. I have an issue
when I change code pages and even from the command prompt. Raster font 8x12 is changed to Courier New 12 pt
as soon as I type "chcp 65001" and I can't get the raster font back without manually setting the font properties.
There are no issues with other raster font sizes, just 8x12. I've been working with the code for months and the problem
started recently after I ran a Windows 10 update. My PC is a Dell and Windows 64bit version is 10.0.17134.48.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?
Thanks.
Jerry

Reaction score
This issue has not been resolved yet. I discovered today that if I run the chcp file in c:\windows\SysWow64, the raster 8x12 font is not changed to courier new.
Is something wrong with my path--should it refer to files in SysWow64 folder for a Windows 10 64bit PC?
If so, how is that corrected?
My current path is:

C:\>path
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\W
bem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C
:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R)
Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R)
Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\
Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\jerry\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:
\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\

Ask a Question