computer to TV HDMI not working

Reaction score
I had installed a new bigger SSD by a computer company. I provided them the key product of windows 7 from my computer, they re-installed for my brand new SSD. Because my windows 7 is professional version N, I didn't have problems previously; after they installed windows 7 then upgraded to windows 7 to my new SSD, a lot of things didn't work. Someone in this forum had help me solved some of the problems but I still have a lot of unsolved problems.

I will have a presentation soon but when I connect my computer to my TV via HDMI, the screen is only showed the window screen but not the PPT.

Can someone help me to solve this problem? thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Look on the devise manager and update the PPT drivers. Disable it and reenable it might be required as well.

Reaction score
But you said that your tv displays the Windows screen...you mean the Windows desktop or the Lock screen ( the one you get before you sign in?

HDMI is a display protocol, nothing to do with mouse clicks or keystrokes. Something must be wrong if it displays the desktop but not HDMI. Maybe you are displaying a empty screen I notice on my W10 (desktop with no touch) machine that if I click in the far right bottom corner I get an empty windows desktop with no applications I can bring the main window back with the Task View tool.

Reaction score
Do you have Internet Access?
If not, you must re-connect to your router. .

Answer the previous question too.
I figured out the problem is because I use dual monitors so when I connect my computer to HDMI it becomes 3 monitors. #1 is my main monitor, #3 is HDMI and #2 is another monitor. I don't have feature to disable #2 and connect #1 to HDMI with identify image. Attach is the file as mentioned. Please help. Thanks.

Attachments

• HDMI connection.png
    HDMI connection.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 836
Reaction score
I guess you have tried selecting the HDMI screen as your main display either in those drop down menus or just by clicking on the one you want?

Ask a Question