Confused CPU?

Reaction score
From time to time, the audio output selector (the speaker icon on the pop-out bar beside the Wi-Fi and Eject icons) seems to get confused. The monitor's speakers will work when I've selected my interface, and visa versa. i actually have four choices here and sometimes they get switched, or some won't connect at all with the systems named. Is there something I can check?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From time to time,
Can you share for clarification, what exactly constitutes "from time to time".
Randomly including times of inactivity?
Only and or often following a cold boot?
Only and or often following a warm boot / restart?
What have you chosen as your default playback device

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Most of the time "my case" it is a messup from MS nothing to do with anything else... so I go to control panel --> device manager --> and remove all item under Sound, video and game controllers --> close go back to desktop and click refresh in a blank space.
1576108885553.png

Reaction score
Can you share for clarification, what exactly constitutes "from time to time".
Randomly including times of inactivity?
Only and or often following a cold boot?
Only and or often following a warm boot / restart?
What have you chosen as your default playback device

View attachment 10993
This occurs without any relation to anything I can discern. I'd say it happens more often after my computer has been running for awhile, but not always. I have four options, none of them are for gaming. (1-)My interface/DAC, (2-)My monitor's speakers, (3-)My audio to and from my computer {blue and green ports on computer}),(4-)Voicemeeter, which I never use. My default is my interface/DAC.
It seems to get confused where selecting one will connect another (i.e.-I click on my interface/DAC and the sound will come out of the monitor's speakers. )

Reaction score
CPU is not confused, it is more than possible you have a corruption. which in effect is your OS. Not the CPU.
and very common with Windows OS's. I can only suggest you run a full complete Corruption check on your OS.

Ask a Question