SOLVED Contact cannot hear my music on Skype but can hear my voice !!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I use Microsoft Skype on my Windows 10 system on my PC. This issue only started about 4 weeks ago in mid October 2016. My contacts on Skype can hear my voice, but they cannot hear any music I play for them on my PC or even hear music if I play a YouTube vid etc. The same is in reverse too, I cannot hear their music they play for me. We can only hear our voices . I have tried all forums, even the Skype forums, and no one knows what to do. It seems thousands of people now have this problem. I have tried every possible thing you can imagine with my audio settings, and nothing works. This is really bad. My contacts and I are music buffs, and now the whole enjoyment time on Skype is ruined. If there was another video site I could use, I would use it, but Skype is the only one I know. Can any Moderator or forum participant please help me. Cheers, Ken.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't use Skype much, but I had a search of the Skype forums and the steps below seemed to work for a lot of users. Perhaps you have already tried this though:

Tools > Options > Audio setting > Microphone then Change it to Internal MIC ( IDT... > then Speakers and change it to Headphones and speakers

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thank you for trying to help me, it's much appreciated. I did try what you suggested, but it doesn't work. The Audio Settings, then Microphone, and Speakers drop down boxes etc, don't show as you explained. I think the drop down boxes are different depending on whether using headphones, game machines etc etc. However, I did investigate many other options there, but to no avail. If you come up with any other ideas, please let me know. Cheers, Ken.

Reaction score
Hi all. This post of mine was 4 years ago. If anyone else has had the same problem, it is now solved on the new Skypes. On Skype there is now the Share Screen option. On the bottom of my Skype screen. This allows my contact to see my screen, and even hear my music as we vid. Hope this helps others now. Happy New Year. Cheers. :)

Ask a Question