Controling dual monitirs

Reaction score
I recently re-set my computer. and now my 2nd monitor has to be turned on before the primary monitor can be seen. Also, when I open a new file or app it shows up on monitor #2. This was not thee case before I re-set the computer. How can I control what happens with the monitors?

Reaction score
Interesting. My main monitor is plugged in HDMI. I normally do not use a 2nd one. I plugged in my spare monitor DVI just for fun.
I noticed: the monitor on DVI showed an image a few seconds before the one on DVI.
If I powered off the one on DVI and restarted the machine there was a distinct delay before the main ( HDMI) monitor lit up.
Unplugging the DVI cable brought things back to normal.

I did not see any of the things you are reporting...as I did not use the 2 monitors for more than a few minutes.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I recently re-set my computer.
Depending on what was involved in the "re-set", you may find in necessary to reinstall the latest drivers for your Video Card.
Depending on that driver you can use that to configure your "Primary" Monitor / Display

Capture.PNG

OR failing that you can possibly use the native Windows 10 support for configuring multiple monitors and therein choose your "Primary / Main" Monitor / Display

Capture1.PNG

Ask a Question