Copy Paste not working

Reaction score
  1. since upgrade we cannot copy paste ANYTHING! It's giving us a copyright disabled function in google docs. My son has to copy and paste articles for class and now we can't. Anyone know how to fix or if this is a glitch?

Reaction score
Assuming you are using Edge browser.
Switch to IE11 and make it as your default browser. Then try copy & paste again.

Reaction score
Try Daidhk's suggestion. It may be enough. But, how are you copying and pasting? Within a browser, doc to doc..etc??

I have no problems by any means, including Edge.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with Google Docs and I am a University student citing references for a 15 page paper. Another reason to switch from Windows 10 or Edge. The solution should not be to download a worse browser.

ROz

Reaction score
I have had the windows 10 copy and paste problem, it seemed to arrive after an update. Copying and pasting runs extremely slow now, for edge and ie. It seems like some sort of buffer problem. Tried disk clean, emptying the cache, etc.
If I am on a web page, and choose select all, the page freezes up for 10 minutes before selecting all. Then I right click to bring up the option to choose copy (forget ctrl + C, just forget that as a possibility) and it freezes up for another 10 minutes, then choose copy, and again a freeze for 10 minutes, and then if I am lucky, I have copied, if I am unlucky (about 90% of the time) I have to go through the same routine again.

Its not the internet connection, tried with two different internet connections, and on another computer same internet connection same website it takes less than a second to copy the same page.

It all seemed to start after an update, I assume Microsoft decided the people don't need a clip board for surfing the internet or something.

Ask a Question