Copy Paste Not working from edit menu or Ctrl keys

Reaction score
since upgrade we cannot copy paste ANYTHING! It's giving us a copyright disabled function in google docs. My son has to copy and paste articles for class and now we can't. Anyone know how to fix or if this is a glitch?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Your post isn't particularly clear, but since you mentioned "google docs", I might suggest that you avoid using the new default Edge browser and instead switch to Google Chrome and make it your default browser.
Using Default Programs applet in the control panel, Set Default Program, select Chrome from the left column and at the bottom click the link that says "Set this program as default".
Create a new folder on your desktop and attempt to copy and paste a file into that specific location.

Reaction score
I use google mail for my business. Suddenly, since one of the recent updates from Microsoft, I can no longer copy portions of a document! I can barely even get it to highlight properly, but it does eventually, I hit command-C, go to paste the info somewhere else, like a blank word doc, and nothing...it pastes something old. I can go back and do it six times mores and eventually it will work. AFTER I have wasted three minutes of my time!

HELP! I don't know if it is an edge problem, windows 10 problem or google problem! It is RIDICULOUS that this is happening to very basic prime function of computing!

I have read suggestions like MOVE FILE TO....COPY FILE TO, this doesn't work for me. I don't need to copy entire files or pages, just portions! Someone suggested deleting Adobe Reader, why would I do that when I use pdf's constantly!

Please someone offer a WORKING solution!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Please someone offer a WORKING solution!
Click the Start Button, click all apps, scroll down to Windows Accessories, expand that and open Internet Explorer.
Try the task in Internet Explorer and see if you have the same problem.

Reaction score
Has this issue been fixed? I managed to copy a couple of lines from one email, but couldn't paste them into another email -- right click gave no response. Is there another way of pasting in Windows Mail?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
right click gave no response
Works for me....
Have you double check the Store app for any pending updates to your "mail" and other Universal Apps?

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
No I haven't done that. I did that recently and lost a lot of facilities that I'd become used to, and had to reload Win10 from D:/ so I'm reluctant to update from the store again. I'll take your word then that it's been sorted, but I'll keep on manually copying where I need to. Thanks Trouble.

Ask a Question