SOLVED copying emails to usb in Outlook.com

Reaction score
Hi, I want to upgrade my museum piece amilo li3710 by changing to an ssd and adding ram. I have copied photos , docs etc. to a usb but apparently because I am using Outlook on a browser I can't copy emails or contacts. If anyone has any ideas how to enable this I would be grateful

Reaction score
It is an issue because unlike E-Mail Clients such as Microsoft Office Outlook or Thunderbird or Incredimail the messages don't download to the computer when using Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and other online applications.

I've found it slightly cumbersome but usable to double-click a message to get it in it's own window then use the Save As or Save Page As feature of a browser to save as a file, usually .htm/.html, on the computer's drive in a Folder.

The upside [if wanting to call it that] is that the messages remain on the service's Server until deleted and can be accessed from any computer you can use by just going to the site and logging in with either your E-Mail address or username and password. If using a 'foreign' computer don't allow it to save the password.

Reaction score
It is an issue because unlike E-Mail Clients such as Microsoft Office Outlook or Thunderbird or Incredimail the messages don't download to the computer when using Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and other online applications.

I've found it slightly cumbersome but usable to double-click a message to get it in it's own window then use the Save As or Save Page As feature of a browser to save as a file, usually .htm/.html, on the computer's drive in a Folder.

The upside [if wanting to call it that] is that the messages remain on the service's Server until deleted and can be accessed from any computer you can use by just going to the site and logging in with either your E-Mail address or username and password. If using a 'foreign' computer don't allow it to save the password.
Thanks bighorn. I'll give this a try but I'm beginning to think I'll have to revert to the preinstalled windows 7

Reaction score
There is no real reason to copy them at sll. When you have set up you OS on you new ssd, theywill still be as you left them on the Web outlook.

Reaction score
There is no real reason to copy them at sll. When you have set up you OS on you new ssd, theywill still be as you left them on the Web outlook.
Thank you davehc. This issue has been solved thanks to you and other members. I'm very grateful

Ask a Question