Correct admin email address

Reaction score
The person who set up my admin email spelled it incorrect and I don't know how to correct it.

Reaction score
If the computer was set up with a Microsoft Account it will be on one of their servers. One of these pages will have help on changing it:

I've had success in while logged in with Administrative rights to create a new User with a slightly different name such as Rich or Richard instead of Dick and the correct/desired information, reboot and log in as the new User then remove the old one taking possession of the data/files.

Reaction score
If the computer was set up with a Microsoft Account it will be on one of their servers. One of these pages will have help on changing it:

I've had success in while logged in with Administrative rights to create a new User with a slightly different name such as Rich or Richard instead of Dick and the correct/desired information, reboot and log in as the new User then remove the old one taking possession of the data/files.
Thank you so very much for your reply! I am not very knowledgeable about Windows 10 and I've been trying everything I can think of to fix this error. My Microsoft info page actually has the correct spelling of the email. Why it's wrong on login is beyond me. I assume it was somehow misspelled during the initial setup because it's always been like this. I would just use the incorrect email address but it's not available. I can't do anything with the Microsoft account until I get this resolved.

Reaction score
There should be a way in Settings, Accounts and managing your account to change the E-Mail, lots to wade through. I'm on Win11 now and steps/links probably are different from Win10.

Ask a Question